Yorkshire Gentlemen's Cricket Club - Founded 1863
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) under the Data Protection Act in force.
2. Who are we?
The Yorkshire Gentlemen’s Cricket Club (hereafter ‘YGCC’) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
YGCC complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical and physical security measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of YGCC;
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the Club;
• To maintain our own accounts and records;
• To inform you of news, events and activities run by, or drawn to the attention of the Club.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body provided: -
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of YGCC in order to carry out a service by other members or for purposes directly connected with the Club.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with legislation while it is still current; and membership registers permanently. Club archives are kept permanently, in hard copy and electronically.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which YGCC holds about you;
• The right to request that YGCC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for YGCC to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability)
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, make queries or complaints, please contact ….
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.