Playing for the YG's - Guide to using the site
Welcome and thank-you. We hope with a little help you will find the website an enjoyable and useful aid when playing for the YG's.
To get the most out of using the website when playing in games we recommend all playing member read this guide first. It will also serve as a good reference at any point in the season if you forget something or are confused. Of course if it still defeats you please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
- The first thing you will need to do is re-register with this website. Your old hitsports log in details on the ygcc.co.uk website are no longer valid.
- To register, click on Log In menu item at top of site, click on Not a member/sign up and follow the registration process. Be sure to say yes to playing member option and give an email address and at least one contact number (preferably mobile). You will receive a verification email. Be sure to verify your account. If you have not received this it may well be in your junk mail so check first. If it is still not around please contact us and we will re-send it to you.
- On completing registration log in to the site. You will only be able to look at the detailed fixture lists and match manager details when you are logged in.
- The website operates in a different way to the old site. Instead of marking up your availability for games and awaiting for a match manager selection, you contact the match manager direct and request to play in specific games. We have made the process as straightforward as possible.
- For a summary of the seasons fixtures you can click on the fixture button at the front of the website. Alternatively you can look at the Quick Look calendar . Click on the availability button (top right in menu) or fixtures calendar in the members drop down menu.
- For any games you are interested in playing you can either click on the match in the quick look calendar or go to the detailed calendar from the Fixtures Calendar and Request to Play button
- Click on Request to Play in Fixture. This will auto generate an email to the Match Manager for that game. You can send this from your mail account or add a note and send.
- The Match Manager will receive your email and respond to you hopefully in a timely fashion.
- Please repeat this for any fixtures you would like to play. If you are no longer available please let the Match Manager know as soon as possible either via your generated email train or by send a new request from this site.
- All the match manager contact details are available to members on this site you can access them here. Please let them know as early as possible your availability. It will help them enormously in putting a team together. If you do not know the MM, feel free to let them know what you do - bat, bowl, wicket-keep, field, specialist 12th man!
- Match Managers. Important. In a change to the old website, you will have to manage your team partly from this site, but you won't have a team builder option. All player contacts will be available for you on this site. Feel free to use these contacts to aid you in selecting a team. Just follow the links from the menu - Members/members contacts or click here to go to direct.
- All Players and Match Managers. We aim to post regular updates on the site, with match results, any weather or match cancellations and other relevant news. Please follow us on twitter (other social media links coming soon), or via the news feed on the website.
- Finally send us your news or any pictures you take on match days. We will do our best to add these to the gallery pages during the course of the season. You can use the upload picture feature on the website or via email here.
- Enjoy the new website and have a great season.